Well, there it is in black and white – the government can’t guarantee us honesty if we insist on knowing what they get up to.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department which local authorities are receiving funding for talking CCTV cameras as part of the Respect Agenda campaign; whether his Department plans to extend the scheme further; and if he will make a statement.
The Respect Task Force is providing funding for ‘Talking CCTV‘ in 20 areas from which proposals were received: Southwark, Barking and Dagenham, Reading, Harlow, Norwich, Ipswich, Plymouth, Gloucester, Derby, Northampton, Mansfield, Nottingham, Coventry, Sandwell, Wirral, Blackpool, Salford, Middlesbrough, South Tyneside and Darlington. The task force has no current plans to fund further roll-out to other areas.
- The Rt Hon Lord Falconer of Thoroton QC (Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice)
- The Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC MP (Minister of State)
- The Rt Hon David Hanson MP (Minister of State)
- The Rt Hon Baroness Ashton of Upholland (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State)
- Gerry Sutcliffe MP (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State)
- Bridget Prentice MP (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State)
- Vera Baird MP (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State)